Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of tops and doors

Default Speaking of tops and doors

LEMME SEE YOUR HARDTOPS!!!, I am going to build my own hardtop for the 715 and would like to see details of door seals, winshield seal, and rear window if any. I don't care if it's a forestry service or original. If it more or less doesn't leak, let me see it please. Also if there is info on weatherstrip for the areas let me know. I put on one of my new to me doors with glass and frames and there is a 3/4 to 1 inch gap all the way around. I know this top was fabbed by the F.D. that owned it and they never ran side windows.
    Thanks people

Come on 41 views and no pix?

Mine is fiberglass, and I didn't make it. In fact, I've never seen another one like it. If you still want pics, I can take some this weekend.

I don't have one of just my top. This is a forest service top built of steel around the canvas top bows.

Last edited by brute4c; February 14th, 2007 at 05:45 PM.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Mine looks exactly the same except in ultra cool shiney galvanized metal and built right over a set of soft top bows. (Barrman, stop posting pics of your truck, it reminds me I'm a slacker!- gonz)

I'm kind of partial to my old one. Sort of miss it, actually. I love the profile of it.

-- Tim Taylor

Barrman sweet ride, huge tires on that, what are they 40's? That's what my top looks like except it don't reach the windows
    Binford thank you got any close ups of the seals? What are those XL's on your truck? I like the tread. My 91 Grand Wagoneer is almost done and I'll finally be able to start burning on the 715. For the purists out there. don't watch the build because I've decided for a reliable, capable tri purpose rig ( street,trail and tow) nothing of the factory drivetrain is gonna work. It's gonna take alot of time and I'll never get my money out of it, but I think realistically, this is the last high dollar build I'm gonna be able to do. Wow that just sunk in. I might another one for the wife and keep it somewhat stock. But I've got my build list together for this one. i'll keep it running with the stock stuff until my drivetrain is togther so I can use it. Once the weather breaks I'll start fabbing everything, then lots of powdercoating and painting.

Michelin 11.00-16 XZL tires on mine. Basically 38". They are the tamer version of Binford's XL tires.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

Tim, bet you money that we got our trucks from the same place. Montana?
    Mine looked exactly the same, same top (but crooked) and color. I hope you got a better deal on yours, I WAAAYYYY overpaid for mine, won't even tell ya what I gave, but mine was low milage and very complete.

Which Tim?

Mine was all white, had Texas Forrest Service stickers on the doors and was being used by the Lexington, TX fire department when I got it. I lived there at the time and can remember looking it over when the field behind me caught on fire and it responded to put it out. I am working on buying the other one that was auctioned off at the same time (Jan 2001). Both had paper work inside with a Dallas parts supply place listed. Two of Pistolnut's M715's looked exactly the same and came from another small town fd. I also know where another one is about 5 miles from my house that looks just the same and was aslo a small town FD truck.