Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Air conditioning

Default Air conditioning

I have seen a couple of kits designed for the j-truck and wagoneers and was wondering if anyone had installed one of these in an M715. I was thinking about putting one in mine for the summer. The best price I have found is http://www.facair.com/search.cfm?dri...EER&yearz=1984

It's listed for a wagoneer. I think the sizes should be close but I am unsure about the width of the radiator opening..

Why not install an FSJ AC unit? It will be a little slanted (front to back, not left to right!) due to the glove box interference, but otherwise it fits right in there.

First of all, none of that stuff on that site is for FSJ's.

Second, you can get all the stuff you need from any Grand Wagoneer.

And third, just take the top off. All the air conditioning you need.
    -What We Have, We Hold-

Lanty, we DEFINATELY needed real A/C at the Iowa FE - 98* with 90%+ humidity.

Use the FSJ stuff - I kept everything from one I scrapped.

If they didn't need it in 'Nam, you don't need it in Iowa, lol. I'm just messing with you guys. I believe a lot more of the modern MVs are getting A/C these days. Of course the amount of gear worn by the average soldier or operator has increased to a crazy amount too. I know I don't think I'd want to be in a stock M715 with my full MOLLE II FLC and all related gear and plate carrier in the heat.
    -What We Have, We Hold-

Default You said hot?

If you get the AC in and working, let us all know, I'm sure alot of other's could benifit. At least an M715 is not as hot as riding in an M113 with all the hatches closed, wearing a flak vest and CVC helmet in 105 degrees and 98% humidity. Does the word sauna apply here?
    1969 M715 WO/W

Sweatbox????
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Yeah, that was one name they got.
    1969 M715 WO/W

I actually have all the stuff out of a j-truck but its in pretty bad condition. I searched a couple yards for them at one time and most of what I found had the vent housing cracked and knobs broke off and the vents themselves pretty much were missing half the louvers or were so worn they couldn't be aimed. I have a buddy that mounted the AC out of a YJ wrangler in his with good results (it looks pretty slick and works well). The site that I posted listed some for a 84 wagoneer which I think was a FSJ. If not the bottom of a YJ dash is pretty flat like ours and at less than $700 its not too outrageous.

The biggest problem with J-trucks is finding the under dash parts that aren't crap.

My 715 is going to be spending the summer with me in Laredo Texas and while i can't get AC in an OH58A/C im not going to cook my brains if I don't have too.