Thread: Extra parts

Default Extra parts

So I started tearing into my Transfer case a few days ago. I must say its alot simpler than I thought it would be. Everything has gone nice and smooth until I realized I have an extra washer and no place for it to go.

I have looked at the exploded view atleast 20 times and cant figure out where it goes. I even made sure I kept all the thrust washers with the shaft they came from when I disassembled it.

I know it would be alot more helpful if I had picture. My new camera should be here in a few days I can take a picture then.

Its just a big thick metal washer/thrust washer large center hole equivalent to the gear shafts. No grooves or teeth cut in it anywhere.

I am stumped.

I always toss any extra parts I have left over in the garbage. Just kidding. Sounds like a thrust washer or sometimes in trans where the gears run on needle bearings they have two sets for one gear and they are separated by a washer. Lets see a picture. Mikel should know quite a bit about these transfercases, he just built one for his 6x6. He married NP200 parts and I think Ford NP205 parts to make his.

False Alarm... I figured it out. The washer went to the shaft for the front drive shaft output. I must have slid the washer on...and then taken it off for some reason and then forgot that I had taken it off...DOH!!