Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desert Tan #33446

Default Desert Tan #33446

Looking for a place to buy Desert Tan #33446.
    Does The gallipsie company make this color?

Call Rapco:

RAPCO Parts Company
    PO BOX 191 Bowie TX 76230

940-872-2403
    -What We Have, We Hold-

Thanks
    email sent

I spoke with Rapco about this paint today, since I was planning to use the Desert Tan 33446 on my truck, too. They do not stock this color, and I don't believe that Gillespie makes it in enamel. Rapco can mix it for you, but it will cost more than stock paint. Rapco recommends Camouflage Sand 30277. Although it looks much darker to me on the computer, they tell me that the color difference is minor. Gillespie's Camoufage Sand enamel is now used on Hummers rebuilt in Texas for use in Iraq since the CARC paint is not currently needed in that theater. I'm going up to buy some in a couple of weeks. They have 5x7' display panels painted with the various colors so I can see the differences in person before I buy it.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    I spoke with Rapco about this paint today, since I was planning to use the Desert Tan 33446 on my truck, too. They do not stock this color, and I don't believe that Gillespie makes it in enamel. Rapco can mix it for you, but it will cost more than stock paint. Rapco recommends Camouflage Sand 30277. Although it looks much darker to me on the computer, they tell me that the color difference is minor. Gillespie's Camoufage Sand enamel is now used on Hummers rebuilt in Texas for use in Iraq since the CARC paint is not currently needed in that theater. I'm going up to buy some in a couple of weeks. They have 5x7' display panels painted with the various colors so I can see the differences in person before I buy it.

Don

Will you keep us posted about this? I need some paint for my tan deuce and I am considering tan for one of my 715s.

I got the word back by email today also. I Would love to see the sand color. Let me know what you go with.

I will be going up in a couple of weeks--I'm hoping to combine two trips-- we'll see how it works out. The Camo Sand looks a lot darker to me, but if it's close I'm going to go with that because it willl be easier all the way around--matching paint, spray can availability and cost.

Deleted By Rjenkins
    Last edited by rjenkins; February 15th, 2007 at 08:15 AM.

I like the tan color and I am fed up with burning my arm on the door.
    BUT after looking at the pic of the tan extended cab on here I don't know.
    The truck is repulsive to me. I dont know if its the truck or the color combo with the hood and windshield being painted OD or the civy wing abortion.
    But like the wise man said of the picture "it is done"
    If anyone has pics of a tan stock looking truck PLEASE post it here.

This is Chads truck from the first FE in 99...not sure of the exact shade of tan...but I like the look.
    Note: truck has srpingover with 39.5 tires and a foot bobbed out of the rear of the bed.

Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!