Thread: gas pedal

Default gas pedal

Can anyone tell me the best set up if I am running a chevy 350. I dont have the stock linkage or cable anymore. Thanks,Dave

Pull one from a late wagoneer, pay attention to how it's installed in the wag, mimick that in yours. MUCH better setup than stock. Make sure to relocate the hole the cable passes through the firewall to where it does on the wag.

Very smooth operation.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

I adapted a lokar found at Summit racing. I will get some pics up later.

Here they are ..

I used the original pedal and traced it onto a piece of flat steel then cut it out and welded it to a door hinge and welded that to the original plate in the floor using the original holes to mount. Man I gotta get a camera so I can post some pics!

The older Wagoneer/J-Trucks have ones that swing from the top. I pulled one from a junk yard the other month not even close to a fit. I would require a lot of time to make work. The footwell area firewalls and lower dash areas are totally different. Id go with something different like posted above.

the best i,ve found is the 1967-1970 chevy pickup truck mechanical linkage & pedel assy. fool proof & cheap.
    bob

I pulled a pedal from a 79 j20. mounts on the firewall hangs down and uses a cable much like a Chevy.
    Best thing is no more dirt around the bottom of the pedal to promote rusting the new floors.
    But it will take some work to install.