Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of lift is the best

Default What kind of lift is the best

What kind of lift and Suspension would be the best for me to do to a stock 715 with a 350? I just got one and do not know to much about them. Looking for some thing that is good for off road but ok for the street here and there?

Why do you want a lift? 38s will fit, and if you off road, the stock height works well.

should I use any Suspension upgrades?

I don't believe there are any suspension upgrades. For added height most guys do a SOA lift in front and shackle flip for the rear. Or you can do what I did and paint your individual leafs with slip plate in hopes it rides and articulates better.

I am toying with the idea of a goofy leaf. You hack a spring with the eye on it off at about 12-16 inches. Then mount it upside down on the frame and hook your spring shackle to that. They help with droop "flex".

They also help break u-joints. The rear axle will "steer", and combined with the droop, help break the rear driveshaft U-joint. Proceed with caution.

Ronzello, there are no upgrades you can buy right now.

What about spring over in the front and blocks in back? I was thinking about this what do you guys think? Heard spring over will give 3 1/2 to 4 inches.

I think thats more like 5-6" lift. Too high in my opinion.

Springover gives a lift of... the axle tube plus the perch. Blocks in back can add some awesome springwrap, which really isn't a problem with the massive spring rate of the 715 LOL

38's are big tires and they fit, stock.

Glad you are a proud new member to the world of M-715s, and along with that, welcome to the world of custom fabrication. There is not much that you can buy new that will simply "bolt on" for the 715. With that said, I will tell you what I plan on doing to improve the performance of my stock suspension.

Currently I have fully stock suspension with 38" XLs, they fit fine if you are wondering.

I will be replacing the worn out stock shocks with newer ones. I am painting all of my springs with Slip Plate, a paint with graphite embedded in it. My plan is for the Slip Plate to act like those teflon disks you see on springs. I will be removing the second from the bottom leaf from each spring pack in order to increase the amount of travel. I will not be hauling near 5/4 ton, so I am not worried about decreasing my load carrying capacity. While I'm at it, I will be checking the greasable bushings and replacing the rubber bushings.

Eventually I will be doing some drivetrain mods that will require me to change my driveshaft lengths. When I do that I might think about doing the SOA (Spring Over Axle) mod. in the front, and modding the rear hanger and shackle to give an even lift both front and back.

I'm not sure exactly how well what I'm doing will effect my suspension, but I'll find out soon enough. Alot of what you can do to improve your M-715, all around, is just replacing worn out stuff and upgrading systems. From there, anything is possible, but not everything is plausible. Could get custom leafs made if you had the money. Totally depends on what you will be using your 715 for and what kinda rig you want. Anyway, hope this helps.