Thread: 11" clutch setup

Default 11" clutch setup

I have converted my my t98 with a longer input shaft to bolt up the the buick 350 engine, thats finished. My dilema or not is the clutch setup. I am going to install Novak adapters hydraulic clutch linkage for ease of use and setup. I have installed a chevy 11' diaphram clutch with chevy thro out bearing. I have installed it to as close to Novaks instructions. The two people who have helped me on this, one of them says it looks great. The other person says there is not enough clearance between the clutch fingers and the thro out bearing. My clutch fork sits at about a 90 degree angle from engine centerline, maybe a degree or two off. Novak says about a degre or two off of 90 degreess from engine center for clutch fork. They also say one sixteenth to one eight inch clearance from thro out bearing to clutch fingers for setup. I have about 3/16's of an inch there. I have installed everything and about to proceed on with other things. Is this good or should I be worried. Since I have never setup a clutch before I'm not sure. I have just replaced clutches before, never really set one of these up. Any information will be greatly appreciated. If I need to change what I have I'd like to do it now as it will still be pretty easy. Thank You.

From the sounds of it you're dead on. Power up and see if it works, if you can.

Man that was a quick response. I have a lot to do before power up will happen. Just don't want to have to take the trans and transfer case out after I install the body, bed, and do all that stuff. I need to finish up the rearend brake, bearings, start on new brake lines, finish up my stub shaft, and install and modify the transfer case shifters, and e brake shifters. It will be a few weeks before I'll be installing the cab and bed, then wiring etc. thanks