Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: twin stick 205 lever position ???

Members have cut the loop off the tcase shifters, under the floor, and left the levers a little loose on their mount locations. This allowed them to work the hi/low range lever past the 2/4wd lever and give 2wd-low.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I think the last question pertained to using the stock shifters on a twin stick set up 205. I think that would be possible with some fab skills. The problem might be getting it to work without popping out of gear or something when off roading. This might happen if you put the pivot points in the wrong location. Usually designing stuff likes this requires a little trial and error and in this case, it would be quite time consuming. But that's what these trucks are for in my opin.

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Members have cut the loop off the tcase shifters, under the floor, and left the levers a little loose on their mount locations. This allowed them to work the hi/low range lever past the 2/4wd lever and give 2wd-low.
    Cut the loop? I don't remember reading this part before (Is that Purple Haze I hear??)- Do you have a pic to show what part is cut? - gonz

Yep...

If one can do this with the stock ers on the NP200, why couldnt they be utilized in the same fashion on the NP205? The linkage rods are very adjustable.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I might give that a go real soon, will be installing back on my transmission and adapting over to the 202 I just finished installing. I'll get some new pics up soon.

There's no real reason that jumps to mind, why that wouldn't work.

I may have worked that out, actually... but then I bought Barry's Doubler and he sprang for the triple-stick shifter, so I didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Yep...

If one can do this with the stock ers on the NP200, why couldnt they be utilized in the same fashion on the NP205? The linkage rods are very adjustable.
    I'm going to be using a 465/married 205 setup. That's what I was thinking with my previous comment. I think a divorced 205 would probably be pretty simple to do this with. I presently have an sm420 that was goobered in by the fire dept and the linkage brackets are sloppy and allow it to come out of 4wd occasionally.

Thanks, Jon!! It's probably going to be a while before I throw the 205 in, so that's a nice quick mod- gonz