Thread: fording intake assembly

Default fording intake assembly

does anyone know where i could get a fording intake tube either one for a m715 or a larger diameter one, (I installed a 6.9L) I really want the top hat for the assembly.

thanks

Dave

Dave, Are you talking about the mushroom on top or the fording tube itself?

There was a thread a few weeks ago discussing the cfm a stock fording tube could flow. It was enough for an engine below 300 cubic inches and that is about it. Your 6.9 will need either two stock sized stacks or one a lot bigger.

Your stock 230 air cleaner should have the mushroom cover on it. Pop it off and it fits right on the stock fording stack. M35 Dueces have one that is about twice the size and would probably be a good start to the size a single pipe system needs to be. The M35 had 465 cubic inch engines. A M35 mushroom was on E-Bay a week or so ago for $24.00 by it now.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I had an original fording kit on my truck at one time and as I swapped engines it became too small. I fabricated an exact copy from 4 inch exhaust tubing and then purchased a high flow ejector precleaner from John Deere on top. I use my fording kit to feed cattle across the bayou when it floods(4-5 feet of water). Flows enough air for the Cummins unles I am on the street and I am really going to be putting my foot in it, then I take the lid off the aircleaner for a ram air effect. Donaldson sells many differant and more functional precleaners for the end of the intake stack. Either way Pascal Ray has my old fording intake, you may hit him up if interested in purchasing. Willie