Thread: windshield washer kits

Default windshield washer kits

luckily boston has had zero snow this year but winter aint over and ive got no windshield washer kit for the truck. who has installed one, what did you use and where did you put all the components? my wipers are vacuum and i have plenty of spare rocker switches to use up to run the pump motor. i was thinking about raiding a slavage yard for components out of a wagoneer or truck but wasnt sure what others had considered.
    ian
    Formerly 1967 M715 #13889

You could use the parts out of a J serries truck or a Wagoneer. I would put them where they are on the donor vehicle. The military also made a kit. Comes with every thing you need. Washer bottle, tubing, hood squirter, and even a hand pump that mounts on the dash. They were made to go in duces and 5 tons, but I've put them in jeeps, and it would work in the M715 also. Check places like saturn and colemans to see if they carry them.
    Zone holster maker

I used the J truck setup. You have to drill holes in the front of the cowl area, under the hood lip, for the nozzles to run. The drivers side goes right where it is on the civvy truck, but the passenger side has to be moved over as it hits something if you try to go to the same spot the civvy trucks use...been 10 years and I dont remember what.
    Last edited by brute4c; January 31st, 2007 at 10:26 AM.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

If you get junkyard FSJ parts, grab the cowl section, too. It will simply drop right in and already has the holes if you don't want to cut up your original sheetmetal.

I made up my own kit on a 725 . Nozzles I got form Mill Supply [they're on the web] they were for Gruman step vans . Mounted them above windsheild just off the wiper drives . Washer bucket is a small one with self contained pump , then just ran tubing and wiring . I have electric wipers and wired it into that switch .They adjust easily to get it just where you want . The front picture is hard to see but it's all I have .

The inside shot is the brass part of the nozzle where it comes through

Bucket is next to horn , just fits in there

I cobbed mine up from junkyard parts. The nozzles are from a 1st generation GM F-body, the bottle came out of a pile in a corner somewhere, and the hoses are old vacuum lines. I did buy an add-on electric pump to mount on the firewall next to the bottle. (About where the civie heater would go) I ran my main feed hose into the cowl through that oval block off plate and screwed the nozles under the cowl cover. Works real nice, but it's ugly as sin when you pop the hood.