Thread: New to the M-zone

Default New to the M-zone

Haven't properly introduced my self or my son yet. We just purchased a rig from the Yosemite area. The park used it for a feed truck and unfortunately beat it up badly. The previous owner claimed no rust... I have pics to prove otherwise.

M715, S/N 31860, Del. Date 10/68

My son (Kyle) wanted a jeep for his 16th birthday and while searching the web found this zone and fell in love with Dave's (Beast). He wants it exactly like his.

However, the engine was run without the oilpan so it needs a re-build or new engine. Kyle did say he would like to go faster than 55mph. Soooo... It may fall into the modified section. I will have engine parts up for grabs soon as they are pulled and cleaned.

I like the 4BT swap that firefightinsam has and we just checked it out when we picked a hood up from him. My son has a hero!!! Fire fighter and M715 owner.

We are tearing it down to the frame to make mods for the power train swap. Any input would be great on steps and precautions. Everything is going to be powdercoated, so as parts get rebuilt and re assembled, I will post pics.

Here is the truck on the trailer bound for home. Kyle is in the cab.

Notice the custom fuel tank strapped to the side.

All four fender flares are wrinkled nicely.

Floor pan look ok, the kickers and corners of the tub are rusted through.

The front end needs all new metal.

One good thing. The bed is almost perfect!!!

Hood mounted cleaner, engine seems froze, but the external parts all look good.

Welcome to " your,and sons new addiction". Looks like a nice one to build. The fenders with some heat and a hammer will take some work but will come out nicely. Dont give up on the 230. 55+ requires more than an engine swap,transfer case.Welcome again.Great help here for ya.

Welcome aboard!! Nice to "get to know ya"!!
    Thanks for the Vin, will add to to the list.

You definitely have a project but you have a good helper there it sounds like...keep us abreast of your progress!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

For a 16 year old, he has a good eye for vehicles. Members here can tell you about the 'cool' factor of these trucks, just wait!

Welcome to the Zone. Thanks for the complemnts on my 715. It was a fun project to build. If you ever have any questions, just post up and ask. With a little bit of time and some elbow greese these trucks can be made to look great again. If you are going to strip it to the frame, you might as well have it sand blasted and start fresh and clean.

Dave
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M715 weapons carrier:http://www.davidallenracing.com/M715.htm
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M35a2 2.5 ton cargo truck: http://www.davidallenracing.com/M35A2.htm
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/

more than 55 mph?? i enjoy being big, slow and in the way.
    ian
    Formerly 1967 M715 #13889