Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: aircraft clock

Sorry for delay in response , nuts at work . I have a 725 , planned on mounting it into the little panel on left of dash . Should be enough clearance behind it , also have the electric wiper motor & drive behind there .

Right around where that metel emblem is .Up & to the left of it .Clock has been ordered , not here yet , if I recall correctly , it's 2 1/4" dia.I ended up getting a 12 volt quartz unit by Mitchell , wind ups were way too expensive .

I had to go back to the Net to pull a picture

nice cab details. real slick.
    ian
    Formerly 1967 M715 #13889

That clock looks great! Not as cool as the flight timer, perhaps, but those are way too pricey anyway. I really like the Mitchell. Even better than the pink watch you have there now!

So what did you end up paying for that and where'd you get it? What are the dimensions, and depth? I might be interested myself. Thanks....
    -- Tim Taylor

The watch is not PINK , I gave up selling Mary Kay awhile back . It's some kind of Army watch , started out OD but faded . This one I purchased Is a Mitchell $89.50 , from what I remember it's 2 1/4" dia. , 3" deep including electrical connection .When clock arrives I'll post again on size . Comes 12v or 28v with the adapter kit . This was the only unit I found that you would be able to change the bulb ,need red .First picture on post was a Mid Continent for $189.00 but only lit in white . Purchased from Cheif Aircraft , online or phone . Customer service 541-476-6605 , order line 800-447-3408 . Real nice people to deal with , others would not return calls or e-mails or just did not konow anything .

What floor mat did you use on your 725? I need some, my feet keep getting burned.

I used a universal flat mat . Cut it to fit , glued the seams together with windsheild butyl and sealed the seams with black silicone to smooth them out . Before that , layed down Dynamat [the less expensive one] then jute padding over that .It is aheavy gauge mat , hard a hard time conforming to curves even with heat .Haven't noticed a heat problem since . Purchased it from StockInteriors.com , phone 864-292-1275 . Talked to Jason at that time , almost 2 years ago . They list molded flooring for 1945 to 1971 military Jeeps , he shipped what he thought might fit but it was 2" too short to each door , so went with the universal .Also used the Dynamat on insides of door panels , cut down some noise .

Thanks for the info!

Got sizes . Case is 2 1/4" square . Dial face 1 7/8" dia. The square mounting flange is about 3/8" thick . Depth from front of mount flange to end of electrical connection is 3 1/4" . From rear of flange to end of electrical connection is 2 7/8" . 2 wires , one 12v hot , one ground and one terminal for the bulb . Strange little bulb , not sure what it is yet .

Have pictures of clock , will post again after install , probably next weekend .Also posted a picture of package of LED bulbs that will be used in clock . Used these bulbs before under lower lip in dash to light up heater and radio controls . They worked good , just had to recess them into mount hole to limit the light pattern . Got them from Auto Zone , 3 to a pack , $9.99 . Come in a few colors , red of course .Found them in the pimp my ride section .

Bulbs only need a 1/4" hole to mount .