Thread: Light Stuff

Default Light Stuff

Hope this isn't old news or a repost...

http://www.olive-drab.com/od_mseries...ushbutton.php3

I'm new to the military vehicle scene, so I don't even know if this is cool or not

It's just a new vershion of the old switch. The old switch is about 50 years old so it makes sense that some new technology has come along. Some guys like them some don't I think its a matter of personal preference, plus if you are restoring your truck to be historically correct then you would not want to use that switch as that wouldn't be historically correct.
    Zone holster maker

Cool switch

how kool is that...

Hey... where can i get one of those ???
    are they selling in e-bay???

We had a former member who showed up with one of those at the 2004 FE. He claimed that they were not available to anybody in the public and that if someone had one, they stole it. He said his came from the manufacturer and that it was a legal purchase.

I have seen several on private owned vehicles since then. I have also heard stories from servicemen who were in vehicles in combat situations and that the "new" switches are "junk". Reports of vehicles still with the old switch "loosing" them to vehicles from different units are common.

I also know of the "new" switch being better than sliced bread and people who have eye pain when they see an old one.

They have been out for more than 5 years now. The first batch or two are supposedly the ones with the problems. All light switches made in the last 15-20 years have a date stenciled on them in yellow ink lever or button style. With the button style going for huge money compared to the lever style on E-bay. Make sure you get one made 2004 or newer. Otherwise just by 3 of the lever switches for the same money and be set for life.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I have to agree with Tim. When the switch first came out it had problems, but those have been rectified and they seem to be working well now. They are expensive and you can get a couple 3 levers for about the same price. It is a matter of personal preference I guess. I prefer the 3 lever as that is what my MVs have all had for the past 20 years that I've been playing with them, but if I were to be doing a modern MV or a concept truck (like my M715A3 idea) then I would probably put the push button switch in.
    Zone holster maker

these switches are on ebay all the time frankssurplus i think but they aint going cheap!!!!!! around 175.00

Keep the 'old' switch, it freaks people out when they see it. Hold this up, turn here for this, turn this for this, it's just TOO cool to see the look on their faces! My,.02.

x2

(So we're up to $0.04 now?)
    -- Tim Taylor

I work with a veteran Iraq motorpool sergeant. He hates the pushbuttons; says they had a scrap pile out back and when a vehicle came in with electrical problems they immediately went out back to scrounge for the prized 3-lever switch. If they have improved them since, I think they are pretty cool, but I also agree with airborne. (.06 now?)