Thread: Hey doug!

Default Hey doug!

I started cutting the center out of a (non stock) rim to put in another rim. When you made your m-7-1-hummer rims, how'd you cut out the centers? The one I've got is the rivet design, that looks like the center will not slide out of the rim once the rivets are cut out. I will probably have to cut around the whole rim to get the center to come out. I am just looking for others ideas who have done this and yours was a decent post. Do you still have that stuff? If anyone else who has done this wants to chime in, by all means, help me out.

Wow, sorry gimp, completely missed this.

I went about mine in a whole different mannor. With the hummer rims being 16.5" I needed the extra thickness of the stock can to fill the center of the hummer rims. I cut the front and back off the stock rim, leaving a thin (2-3"IIRC) band of the stock can remaining on the stock center.

That said, if you remove the rivets, the center should come out...they put it in there somehow
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

I see. Thanks anyway. I have decided that since I have enough stock rims, I am going to try and weld some centers into the rims my XLs came on. I feel that they are easier to break down and will last longer as they are air tight and I don't have to worry about water getting in the rim/tube to cause rust. I have a few so I can mess up one or two in this venture.

PM me your number and I'll give ya a call later tonight.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.