Thread: Question for exservicemen (Army)

Default Question for exservicemen (Army)

Hi Guys,
    Well its almost time for the final touches but I need some information. Im trying to research where a M-715 would be in a base transport battalion order of march, Say with an admin company Im trying to find out what to put on the bumpers and Id like to have it as authentic as possable for the Vietnam period. I have a pennant for the 4th Transport Brigade and a black and white convoy pennant as well. Any ideas ? cheers Kev.

Wow, that's like a loaded question. The order of march which would be on the drivers side on the front after the company letter was up to the unit commander. Depending on the type of vehicles assigned to the unit would depend on where it ended up in the convoy. The question you need to answer is what is the Battalion's designation. You have 4th Trans Bde, ? trans bn and is the admin company I would assume would be HHC (headquaters headquarters company. Also who did 4th Trans Brigade belong to? 1st Army, 101 Air born, 1st Cav etc?

Typical markings on a vehicle are Major command (Army, Corps, or Command such as Tradoc, Tacom etc.) Then the intermediate command (division, brigade, group etc) and then the unit.

So for your example you need to know the major command and for right now I'll pull on out of my hat and say 1st cav. Your bumper markings would look something like this 1CAV 4T HHC-6

Here is the whole Tech Bulliten that spells it all out for you.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.p...fid=file&pid=7
    Zone holster maker

Default thanks

Thanks mate think i'll use that if thats ok with you sounds like what im looking for cheers Kev