Thread: New Question for me.

Default New Question for me.

Hey guy's, what is the number of splines on the input shaft (from the engine) of the np200 stock transfer case? Mine is covered by a flange and I can't remove it right now to check and see. Thanks, ....T

You ask the one question I can't answer at work without taking stuff apart to see. I am almost completely positive it is 12 splines, but I won't tell you to spend money on it just yet until others jump in. All 4 shafts on the 200 have the same spline count if I remember right.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thanks, Barrman...I've got a line on a np205 thats missing the input yoke, just wondered if I could pull the one off my 200 and put it on the 205. The 205 was married but isn't now, what parts would I need to install to get it to work as a divorced unit? Can I just slap on a new yoke and keep going? Thanks......T

Most of the divorced NP205s are 32 spline.
    -What We Have, We Hold-

NO!

The married NP205 has a different input shaft than the divorced one. Different bearings and the bearing housing along with the seal is missing.

You could do it, if you want to consider it a science project. You will need to find a divorced 205 to get the right parts. Otherwise, stay away from a married 205 if you are wanting to stay divorced. Now, you find a 4wd 465 you just need to make a new crossmember and change the length of your driveshafts to be on the road.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Ahh, I missed that part about it being a married 205. Yeah, what Tim said, eithe ruse a mated setup or a divorced setup. There's not much you can to to blend the two without a lot of complicated machine work.
    -What We Have, We Hold-

I am going to be acquiring a spare tcase...its already out...I'll see if I can get the spline count from the guy...he is a member here...

Thanks guys, you're a wealth of knowledge, I gues then that I'll pass on getting the married and keep looking for a divorced unit...got my eye on one of them too. Thank goodness for ebay!haha

I checked on a transfer case I selling to Jon and its 10 spline.

Thanks Tom....appreciate that!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!