Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bob Cowan's power steering pics

If you don't mind my asking, what differences have you found between boxes?

I ask because I had a broken Wagoneer box and a CUCV box apart last winter and the shafts and gears were the same size.

??? I will agree with you on cylinders, there are some crappy kits out there for sure, farm supply stuff that will work but likely have some issues down the road.

valveing, imput shaft size, bigger bearings . its a totally more h/d box . thats why it costs alot more. its also harder to get from rebuilders.

Quote Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
    YES this is part of my steering setup. i guess tim hasnt had time to post my hydro cylinder mount setup yet.
    I posted all the pics I received. There were a total of 12 in that e-mail--six of the hitch and six of the steering box.

Feel free to send more, but do it today. I'm going to be fairly tied up the rest of the week.
    -- Tim Taylor

Default Bob's hydro cylinder setup pic

Here it is:
    -- Tim Taylor

note large diameter of cylinder ram, size of heims / bolts and grade / of attachment bolts . location of hyd. line fittings for protection of lines & fittings along with ease of routing lines with supports for same. note location of brackets where they mount to cross over llink, they attach at the links strongest point... note the geometry of link compared to geometry of cylinder . etc.
    note..
    also cylinder/ wheels are partitally in turnned posistion as you can see by the stroke of ram being extended a little. also this is just tack welded in place
    Last edited by BCOWANWHEELS; January 22nd, 2007 at 06:15 PM.

I don't see a pic. Wussup????

Must be you!

Huh... weird. Doesn't show in IE OR Firefox. ??? strange as heck. Not even showing up as code in Tim's post here.

Very weird.

Ok, while everything looks real beefy I can't help but notice the weld on the cylinder tab. I hope that's just a temporary tack weld. Doesn't do much good to have 1/4" plate ears if they are barely held on by a 2nd rate weld. Just my .02
    -What We Have, We Hold-

dangit Elmo, you'd think Sesame Street would teach its own to read:

Quote Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
    also this is just tack welded in place