Thread: 11.00-16 XZL Guys: Q?

Default 11.00-16 XZL Guys: Q?

You guys that are running 11.00-16 ZXL's seems to be somewhat plentiful here. I am trying to figure out what rim backset dimension I should use to set the tire flush to the outside fender.

I'd appreciate a response from any of you with stock wheels (or customs with indicated BS) and 11.00-16 Michelin XZL's, if you've got the time to put a level against your tire and give me a dimension from the level/straight-edge to the fender "flare". Thanks in advance.

I just went outside to measure and get this picture. Stock axles, rims and Michelin 11.00-16 XZL tires.

I tried putting the level on the ground and measuring that way. I couldn't because of the radial bulge on the bottom of the tire. It is only about 1/4 of an inch, but there actually is a bulge with 70 psi.

Instead, I put the level on the outside of the right rear fender flare and measured the distance between the side wall of the upper part of the tire and the level. 3/4" is what the ruler says in the picture. The front axles are wider and they have 1/2" gap between the outside sidewall of the tires and the end of the fender flare.

By the way, the outside of the axle flange is perfectly lined up with the outside of the fender flare on my right rear according to the level.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thanks for making this calculation easy Barrman.

Based on the information you supplied, if I had custom rims made with 1/2" less back-spacing than the stock rim, the tire sidewall will be flush with the fender flares in front and a 1/4" inside-flare on the rears.