Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marsh Wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    twodogs, thats a nice looking truck!

the solid center wheels are problimatic with balamce issues. there a set on ebay now and look at the weights used and also the balance rings used. this is why i wont build solid center wheels except for off road use only. my opinion

Bob,

I saw those wheels on Ebay as well and noticed the huge amount of sticky weights on the one wheel! Wheew!! Those rims didnt balance too well...

its just the nature of solid centers i dont know why. and also it takes 1/2" plate to keep the centers from flexing ......

Solid centers that I have seen had the plate, hole pattern and center cut pre-weld. With 1/2" or 3/8" plate, the center is a larger percentage of the weight. If the plate is welded only 1/64" off center it takes a lot of counterbalance weights to adjust.

Man, I love this site.

I looked at the pix Tacoma posted and it was like looking out my office window. It would appear I have another piece of the puzzle.

Topdog's truck is my truck.

For you skeptics, the previous owner (in NC) did a shackle flip and front spring pack replacement (custom). Same tires, same wheels, same home made nerf bars, same tin cab top, same PAINTJOB. Yeah that's mine all right. Check it out:

Yes, I know, the bed paulin is kinda droopy, but the bed paulin hoops were lowered for transit.

So that also means my wheels and tires are more like 2-3 years old, and yes, I run them on the street with no problems.

Huh. So Phil sold his truck eh? That's a bummer.

I got looking at those pics myself LOL I was thinking.. "noooooo way" but YES!

So who did YOU buy it from????? Last time I saw that truck was summer '04, when I took those pics.

I remember seeing that truck on eBay about eight months ago. Don't the rear springs contain blocks rather than shackle flips? I remember the truck because it didn't sit level across the back for whatever reason.

I also remember that the body looked like it was in great shape. I don't remember seeing any dents or rust, and it had that neat headliner in the top.

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    I remember seeing that truck on eBay about eight months ago. Don't the rear springs contain blocks rather than shackle flips? I remember the truck because it didn't sit level across the back for whatever reason.

I also remember that the body looked like it was in great shape. I don't remember seeing any dents or rust, and it had that neat headliner in the top.
    Markness: No rust. No "factory" taigate dent. Slight ding in the hood. Barely noticeable. The rear is flipped with about a 2" block. The sag is in the L/rear spring, from what I can determine. It's on the list....

Taco: I got it from a guy named Chris in Durham. He was on this site back in the day... "Molarmaker" I think. Did Phil get this truck out of Oregon, per chance? The key fob would indicate that.

What I'm trying to figure is how it got from Phil to Chris. I saw him in summer 04, so the timeline is tight. Phil was a Navy guy if I remember that right, and was all over the place, so key fobs come and key fobs go LOL .