Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for other wheel/rims for my M715

Default Looking for other wheel/rims for my M715

Hello, I am in the process of fixing up my M715 looking other military wheels or other vehicles that might have the same bolt pattern if anyone knows the advice would be great.... Thanks Kevin

You probably should figure out what tires you want to run first. There is some nice rubber out there that will fit on a stock wheel, Radial wheels will have to be cutom made and seem to be pretty pricey. What tires are you going to be running?

If you're looking for one-piece stuff, you are nearly out of luck.

It would be easier to have Diamond, Marsh Racing, or Stockton Wheel make some up.

Yup. Pretty much stock or custom wheels are your only options.
    -- Tim Taylor

Ford one tons of the mid 60's used the same bolt pattern BUT it may have been only for duallys. I've got one on the back lot I keep meaning to fix up and its wheels would work on the M. That would accomplish nothing in this case, but I find it hard to believe only the duallys used that bolt pattern?

Then there's the question of the center hole being big enough, though if you can find a wheel with the same lug pattern that will work, I guess enlarging the hole would be a cake-walk!
    -- Tim Taylor

I want to run 46 inch tires, from another military truck, I have access to a machine a shop and could weld a replace the center of the wheels to make them fit, but these 46 have 20 inch rims which i have had no luck finding either.
    Just checking my options out, thought about super swampers to. Also had stockton wheel quote me a price. So looking at all routes.

Think about upgrading to a open knuckle 60/14 axle combo if you're actually going to take the truck off road, the stock front axle shafts are not going to like 46" tires and any sort of abuse whatsoever.

It'll open up a lot more possibilities on wheels too.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

you're not thinking of running those 46's on the stock axles I hope???

Even the 60/14bolt will not like those tires. They're just too heavy.

My thoughts exactly. Those are extra heavy duty truck tires, not some soft rubber Interco crap. They are very heavy and the 20" steel rim you are going to end up with is going to be heavy as well. Someone posted the weight of the 46" military tires one time over at SS, but I for get what it was. I'm thinking something around 250lbs without the rim or something like that. If you are serious about those tires and your ego needs that much padding, go with 2.5 ton Rockwells at the least.
    -What We Have, We Hold-