Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever heard of Mr. Carl Ritter?

I called. He is in bad health. He has a few parts jeeps,not even close to the #'s posted. Her wishes were to leave the phone # up but pull the addresses and aerials Mods.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeney View Post
    Wasn't the story with this guy that he got them all surplus and they just sat there and rotted cause he wanted way too much money for everything? Wanted something like $4000 a truck, or if you wanted just a bed or just a cab it cost the same as buying the whole truck? Am I thinking of the right person?
    I was thinking the same thing at first, Sweeney, but I think Tacoma had been to that place and wasn't saying anything about it in this thread. Was that you, Tac? So this is a different place, right?
    -- Tim Taylor

I've been to a lot of places but not that one. I could never get anyone to tell me where it was back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by vrod02 View Post
    I called. He is in bad health. He has a few parts jeeps,not even close to the #'s posted. Her wishes were to leave the phone # up but pull the addresses and aerials Mods.
    I'll let an Admin guy or Supermod make that call. All the info posted on this thread was merely pulled off the (very public) Internet.
    -- Tim Taylor

it is in carthage and he still had some 715's left the last time I was there but it was thining out pretty fast.

What kind of inventory and what kind of pricing did he have?

Back in 2001 or so, a couple of our members went down there and got some stuff...a cab, frame and another cab on it and some misc parts...I have the first cab in my shop as my spare...

There were a few M715s then, rusting and incomplete along with some parts...the one thng that there emed to be a fair supply of back them was brushguards. Members had given reports of thir trips there from early on the old Yahoo board days. If you look in the archive docs linked from the Manuals index you can search and find the old info.

What he had for body stuff was scarce and not in good shape at all...at least what he had back then.

I remember then people said he was an older gentlemen, be nice and dont call at odd hours...sounds like he may be getting further down life road now...

FNG, if you want to, I'll ride up there w you next week. Be in Fayetteville on Sunday night, could go anytime after that.

I'll have to let you know, my schedule is kinda' screwy right now, but thanks for the offer.

Better yet! Google Earth came up with two names for that Carthage address. One is for Carl Ritter and the other is "Northgate Army Trucks & Parts."

Gentlemen, we have a target....
    soo...i kno not to get one of you guys mad, cause you can find out were i live lol......any one want a cookie