Thread: Need part# for Marine windshield wipers

Default Need part# for Marine windshield wipers

I need a part # or place where you purchased the Marine style wipers which will replace the vaccum wipers with little or no modification.

Thanks in advance
    Chris

Westmarine.com

Heh heh.... I looked at the thread title and thought "Wow, I didn't know they used different wipers in different services."

I got mine at a local boat supply place... I don't know the part number but they are Marinco brand (self parking 110 degree sweep). I know that Boaters World http://www.boatersworld.com carries them, as well as the Bosch ones that are 2 speed.

Gwen has the same ones Al (Kaiserjeeps) put in his CJ. He swears by them. Not at them.
    -- Tim Taylor

Are we talking this part number at that site?

Marinco Wiper Self Parking 110Deg
    Mfr # 30100

I just want to know for future reference. So I can write it down somewhere that I'll probably forget.

I searched the PseudoZone for a part number, but couldn't find one. This post here will serve to bump it back to the top so maybe Gwen or Al can confirm the part number. And since Al's stack of receipts for 20-odd years of his CJ is *almost* as tall as he is, I suspect we'll be hearing from Gwen first!
    -- Tim Taylor

Hetzer... thats the one, part #30100.

I would get different wiper blades though. The ones that come with are junk. I paid $49.99 ea. at a local place, so the Boaters World prices aren't far off.

Yes I swear by them. Hetzer thats a great price. Look for 110 degree sweep, self parking, and pay attention to the shaft length. I know they used to make several different lengths. Oddly enough I have two different ones on my CJ. One is roughly 1 inch long from the windsheild where the other is about 2 + inches out. The longer one does not crush the blade against the glass and works well. For all the years I have had them I have had to do virtually nothing for upkeep. I have gone through several pairs of the cheap JC whitney ones. The marine ones (hopefully Japanese made) are really very quiet also. Put a diode on both park terminals and you can run them off one switch. They are the shizzle. It is not uncommon to see a 80.00 price tag on just one of these units. It IS worth it. Just shop around and pay attention to the above mentioned things.

I have some upgraded arms and blades too. Just like a regular car but much smaller... Like VW size.. I'll have to try and dig up the part number.

Later...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    Yes I swear by them. Hetzer thats a great price. Look for 110 degree sweep, self parking, and pay attention to the shaft length. I know they used to make several different lengths. Oddly enough I have two different ones on my CJ. One is roughly 1 inch long from the windsheild where the other is about 2 + inches out. The longer one does not crush the blade against the glass and works well. For all the years I have had them I have had to do virtually nothing for upkeep. I have gone through several pairs of the cheap JC whitney ones. The marine ones (hopefully Japanese made) are really very quiet also. Put a diode on both park terminals and you can run them off one switch. They are the shizzle. It is not uncommon to see a 80.00 price tag on just one of these units. It IS worth it. Just shop around and pay attention to the above mentioned things.

I have some upgraded arms and blades too. Just like a regular car but much smaller... Like VW size.. I'll have to try and dig up the part number.

Later...
    I got the 30100's today that are listed above. The do have the 2" shaft. They are made in China (but so is my AK47).

The blades do look like junk. Post them #'s up when you get a chance.