Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAPA Part No. for U-Joint?

Default NAPA Part No. for U-Joint?

Anyone got the correct NAPA part number for the rear driveshaft U-joints? I can't seem to access the M715Zone parts list.

Precision 369 joints.

I can't find any info on those on the NAPA website. Is there a NAPA Part No. associated with it?

Should be this one:
    http://www.napaautoparts.com//Master...Joint+(U-Joint)

Precision (Federal-Mogul) part number 369. The napa dude can verify that it's the correct cross.

Since I am piddling around at Advance Auto part time(cheap health insurance!) their number is, I believe, 1153BF. I'll check that tonite but I'm pretty sure that's the number a zoner and I came up with the other day for his.

Not that I have verified this, but they look the same size as my FSJ (Full Size Jeep, Grand Wagoneer) driveline U-joints.

Yup, that's what we came up with. Joint for a 78 J10 was specifically what we looked up, if I remember right.

I wouldn't buy U-joints from Advance, lol. The actual part number is a Spicer model 1310. Everything else is a seperated brand part number, although Precision is most popular. Any parts guy worth anything can cross the original Spicer number.
    -What We Have, We Hold-

Quote Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
    I wouldn't buy U-joints from Advance, lol. The actual part number is a Spicer model 1310. Everything else is a seperated brand part number, although Precision is most popular. Any parts guy worth anything can cross the original Spicer number.
    Correct about the Advance joints,however the Spicer number is 5-153x, 1310 would be the series.

Better not buy 'em from NAPA then. Same part, same distributors, different boxes. BTW, AmPro and Craftsman, same source. Lemme see, Palladium starters/alternators and whatever NAPA is selling, same source...

All hard parts essentially come from the same small core group of manufacturers anymore. Same with common street tires(Kelly, Grand Am, etc all Goodyear), brake pads/shoes, etc. The only difference is end price and customer service and in-stock availability. Personally I just don't have the time to wait on NAPA to order things, nor do I care to pay the 5 - 35% premium. The dog-eared books and the obsolete look-up software doesn't help, either.

OTOH this is not a "I love Advance" post. Their corporate and management personnel and structure are the most scary incompetent, micro-managing bunch of hill-jacks one could ever hope to NOT meet. But hey, like I said, cheap insurance...