Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best method for putting windshield glass back

Well it went very well and no issues. I did warm the glass with a heat gun from a distance. Just in case.. The glass was undercut by quite a bit. So it went in pretty easy. I used silicone lube soaked into a blue shop towel and put it on the seal lockstrip and groove, I used two plastic trim prybars to work it in. The seal drank up the wiped silicone and there was zero clean up. I put the bottom in and worked up both sides. Then made my way around the top. Very glad to have that behind me. Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by Kaiserjeeps; March 8th, 2024 at 11:30 AM.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    Well it went very well and no issues. I did warm the glass with a heat gun from a distance. Just in case.. The glass was undercut by quite a bit. So it went in pretty easy. I used silicone lube soaked into a blue shop towel and put it on the seal lockstrip and groove, I used two plastic trim prybars to work it in. The seal drank up the wiped silicone and there was zero clean up. I put the bottom in and worked up both sides. Then made my way around the top. Very glad to have that behind me. Thanks for the advice.
    Glad it worked out for you. I can be very nerve racking to do.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

I took mine to a glass shop and had them cut new tinted safety glass and install a new seal. Everything for less than $100.

Prior to this, I purchased an NOS windshield gasket from VPW but it looked nasty upon installation.

IMG_1294.jpg

That looks really good. Love the tinted glass. That price is also really good. I bet it would be double that here. But everything is high now.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21