Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn signal switch

Default Turn signal switch

Hi all, does anyone know where I can source a turn signal switch that mounts to the steering column with the wire harness that goes through the firewall to the blinker box? Mine crapped out, and I’m trying to keep it as original as possible.

Which turn signal system do you have? The Spartan mechanical box or the 3 wire electronic version used since 1968.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Which turn signal system do you have? The Spartan mechanical box or the 3 wire electronic version used since 1968.
    I Have Spartan Mechanical Box. Box is good signal switch is bad.

Dont know if anyone has any of those anymore NOS...might check with Vintage Power Wagons in Fairfield Iowa...no promises though...might be able to find a used one somewhere...

Worse case scenario, you can convert to the solid state type...not hard and still correct to the vehicle...both types came from the factory...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thank you, brut4c. I will vintage power wagons tomorrow and continue to look around, I know where there is an old M715 by the side of the road in Maine, I may poke my head in there. I definitely need turn signals, I’m not the fastest one on the road and people need to know my next move.

Thank you, Nomad… are they hard to convert? Do I get rid of the blinker box? Electrical is not really my thing.

your 7-pin harness should thread right to either of those. Right? The rest would depend on the state of your wiring, blinker box, etc. I rewired my truck and put in a fuse box.
    Last edited by Nomad; May 22nd, 2023 at 12:38 PM.
    Rooster - Del.Date 1-68 3G2080

I will try it, all wires are in good shape, thanks for the help

Switching to the new system just takes an afternoon of total immersion in the wiring diagrams. You will be connecting wire F to wire 22 and such. I have done it to my M715 and my Gasser M35. (Don’t connect F to 22 unless you verify it is correct. I just wrote that off the top of my head.)
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw