Thread: 715 with 6BT cooling fan .

Default 715 with 6BT cooling fan .

I have read a few threads as i could find on cooling a 6BT in a 715.. it has a alum radiator but no room for the stock fan..what are people using for a electric fan in these .. i have found cam”s in the 3000 range . Doesn’t seem to be enough by what i have read.. im not worried about milage or any of that .i just dont want to over heat it.. I usually go a lot more than i need for peice of mind. I wish a stock fan would fit on it
    Last edited by Howard Rogers; February 26th, 2023 at 06:58 AM.

Here is a picture of what I wrote to you on your other thread:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thank you.. looks like the front valance is cut. Also looks like mine has the threaded piece for the clutch vs the 4 bolts. I am mechanical inclined but not a lot of time on cummins engines. So please excuse my not knowing.. I’m going to get a clutch fan and see what i need for room.. i just don’t trust those electric fans . They have come a long way so if i need to i will use one i will.. is that V belt pulley for the AC ..

Yes, the valence was cut. Along with making new valence supports.

Yes the v pulley is for an ac compressor.

Once you get the fan figured out you will have to do the lower radiator hose. The fan and the frame are in the way.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Electric Fans worked great.... I used a thermo switch triggered at 190*F to turn the fans on...

Engine Top.jpg

Fan Clearance.jpg
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Venominjected.... Man that is just beautiful..
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21