Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wing window glass gaskets

I'd be interested in something like that.

I will inquire about what it takes to get them made. I have also been thinking on how to make a mold for them. Flexane is a devcon product that was intended to repair conveyor belts. It comes in two hardness levels. I made some rubber parts on a wagoneer restoration I did. It is interesting stuff. And tough as nails. Honestly from a moulding manufacturers standpoint, our trucks being only 30K produced and maybe 20K survivors or even less, well it would not lead to enough sales to warrant the production costs. So I would not get hopes going there. I did finally sit down last night and I went through Metro, Fairchild, Steele, and Restorations specialties sites to see what possibly would work. I need to call them and ask about some of the dimensions. They are not listed. Goofy...
    I have 3 at Steels, 2 at Restoration, and 2 at metro.. Nothing is perfect. But they might work. If I can't get dimensions I will order a foot of each. Stay tuned.. I don't do unresolved threads...

EDIT: Hunter at Steele is sending me the three part numbers I found to see if they work. Short samples for free. Plus two different catalogs. Outstanding customer service. Very helpful. And no, our low production numbers does not warrant the creation of gaskets for such a small return. I will report what I find.

EDIT: Three part numbers ordered from Restoration Specialties. 1 foot of each. Plus found some low profile compact windlace for around the body tub and door frames.
    Last edited by Kaiserjeeps; December 21st, 2022 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks for doing the leg work on this!!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Complete NOS, https://www.army-spareparts.com/shop...e-parts/body-5 I have purchased parts from them several times with no issue.

Thank you M38.. I loaded a shopping cart and the total was 414.00 in US dollars. So I think I will see where this aftermarket seal thing is going to go. If that just won't work. Then I might in a moment of desperation order them. Good to know they are there though. I am bookmarking it of course. Thank you.

I received my three gasket samples today. Along with two different catalogs. I have to repair my snowplow tomorrow, then plow the place. I am anxious to get a wing window apart to see one of the samples will work. My goal for that is tomorrow afternoon. Stay tuned.

Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Hope that is a big bag Jon... LOL I got the wing window apart. The glass is 7/32 it looks like. And the three samples were a so so fit. One could be made to work but it was not super. My delivery of the samples from Restoration Specialties has been delayed. So I am holding off posting till I hopefully have something substantial to show. I am also still searching the internet for a better option.

Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Now that's funny...
    Happy new year.