Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V2.0

Default V2.0

I think V2.0 of my truck just started....we'll see what direction it takes, and if I can do this one in under 20 years...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Are you going to carry around the same framed photo to show people what it will look like some day?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Probably.

Right now, it's photo's of 'Parts Pile A" as my truck comes apart, and "Parts Pile B" as I gather everything I need to put something back together.

It's going to go slow. There are so many options going thru my head right now. I gotta figure out the end purpose, first.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Derelict Project,
    I am so glad to see that you are feeling so well as to start tackling another...thanks be to God for your return to health!!!
    All the best with this...have you chosen a color scheme yet??
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

green is a good color.

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    ...have you chosen a color scheme yet??
    It was a USFS truck, and had about 3 different layers of their green, from forest green to schoolhouse green. It's an ex-navy truck (i got the door & hood numbers wrote down somewhere from when I sanded it down) and at one point parts of it were ocean gray (front clip, but not the bed). Under that, standard factory OD.

The current paint is in great shape (i sandblasted down to bare metal on many panels and used an automotive paint with hardener). Right now, its dark chevy truck green, close to the last USFS paint that was on it. I'm tired of that color/shade and want a change.

I am thinking 36173 lusterless navy gray.

This truck is definitely a "mod" not a "resto", so anything goes.
    DP

Do you have pictures of the forest green?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Thompson View Post
    Do you have pictures of the forest green?
    Here is one of the few pics I have of the "before". Cab and bed are pretty much as they came from where I bought it (surplus dealer), and they got it straight from gov auction. Paint was sun-faded and chalky on the doors and hood. I think the protected cab back was close to the last color the USFS had it. The bed is a slightly different green. Original dark OD you can see some on the bed rails, and it was original paint underneath. (The yellow is where I was setting gun pattern to paint a car...don't mind that).

BTW, got some work done on it today. Got the new frame cleaned up of unneeded brackets, brake lines, etc, and got one rear spring hanger just about off (doing a shackle flip on the rear).

2nd pic is the color it is as of now. Paint was supposed to be 1988 Chevy Dark Hunt Green. It mixed out lighter/greener than that.

m715.jpg
    DP

Got an hour or so on it tonight. Almost done getting spring hangers off for the flip. Ended up using a couple of scrap plates to sandwich the frame, and then stuck my mag drill onto the plate. Frame was hanging from the tractor forks so I didn't have to fight gravity getting the drill lined up. Cut rivets out with a 1/2 annular cutter. When it goes back on, I plan to ream it in place to 9/16 to be sure alignment is spot-on.

drill.jpg
    DP

Nice drill set up!
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw