Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why the facebook m715 page sucks

Default Why the facebook m715 page sucks

I see tons of activity there. Just about every question would be answered here. I had posts declined because I have not had my fakebook account for over 12 months. You can't search there, you can't help anyone there, the scams are everywhere there. Rudeness is frequent, growing more and more keyboard commando's, abysmal grammar, and self appointed PHD's.
    Bad incorrect information is overflowing at a sickening rate, and at the end of the day, fakebook is still evil as it gets. These old style forums still rule the day. This is where good things happen. I hope people who own these trucks realize the true value of this site and come back to learn and help here. This new fangled way of on the surface immediate communication complete with likes just plain stinks. It is growing real turds. And while my sense of smell is still hosed from the mess of covid, it stinks worse than ever. A public thank you to Jon for this site. For the goodness it has created for so many years. And I got to be a part of that.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Agreed 100%! I left the 715 FB page a long time ago. It's really not a user friendly site.
    Also, as stated above, Thank you Jon for what you do here!
    Thanks for all the help!

I frequent them quite often and you are correct that they stink for technical information, and I often respond over there for people to come check-out the Zone. I know one of the things that is holding that back right now is the inability to simply join here as Jon has the sign-up feature shut down due to the high amount of spambots that hit this site. So I do my best to try and link the threads from here so that people can find the info better. The one thing that the Facebook group is good for is sharing pictures and I try and post quite a few pics of my vehicles.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Yes I have seen your posts. Said hi once. I did not know Jon had shut down the sign up feature. That is kind of a death sentence. I hope he can find a solution there. One thing that really twists me up is the rudeness and stupid stupid stupid replies. Not to mention the metric poop ton of bad advice. Like everyone's opinion is what matters. Everybody has one. Including me.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Actually, we found a solution and new memberships are OPEN!!!

Bring 'em on, we are ready!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Actually, we found a solution and new memberships are OPEN!!!

Bring 'em on, we are ready!
    Nice, glad to hear! Hopefully we can get some of those guys to start posting up here.
    Dave

I have never visited the facebook site. Guess I haven't missed anything.

I check the zone daily. Kind of sad not seeing much activity here like the old days.

Dave, I love watching your youtube green iron TV videos. Great way to promote the hobby and very informative!

I browse Facebook M715 to see people’s project, but my research is all on the zone.

I e been gone for a bit, so I wasn’t aware of the new member issue, but glad you got it ironed out Jon
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Its taken serious help to get this far...and there is an other big step for the next update...coming sooner or later...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdan View Post
    I have never visited the facebook site. Guess I haven't missed anything.

I check the zone daily. Kind of sad not seeing much activity here like the old days.

Dave, I love watching your youtube green iron TV videos. Great way to promote the hobby and very informative!
    Thanks, it just seamed like part of the hobby that wasn't really being represented. Making content in the winter gets a little hard up here in Michigan, which is why the latest video is of me building a scale model of a Vietnam guntruck.
    Dave