Thread: Tires/carb upgrades

Default Tires/carb upgrades

I have a stock truck and was doing some research on a couple of upgrades.
    1: I was considering putting 33s or 35s on, but didn't know what that would be like with stock power. Curious what others experience has been.
    2: Has anyone tried adding Holley's sniper efi kit? It looks like they have a single barrel kit that would work and I kind of want to try one out.
    Thanks!

Stock tires are 34 inch...so 35's would be a bit less rpms at speed than stock and 33's, a bit more...both will fit and work as far as height...not knowing the width, I cant speak for that...

Not familiar with the Holley EFI...I do know the stock engine, between the military version and the civilian one, came with a Holley 1920 one barrel or a 2300 or 2415 2 barrel...the 2 barrels throttle plates cross sectional area is the same as the size of the intake manifold to head ports cross sectional area. That ends up equaling 350 cfm...so anything you use should be that size max...it just cant flow above that...unless you are using a turbo or supercharger to make pressure...I wouldn't recommend that on a stock motor though...efi, yes...forced induction, no.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that it would have had 34's originally, mine are 31s and looked original to me. I checked and mine has the 1920 carb. Does the 2 barrel carb bolt in place of the 1920, or did they have different intake manifolds?

Stock tires is a 9.00-16...right at 34 inches tall...

The 2 barrel does need a different intake. Jeep made a civilian 230 with either a 1 or 2 barrel intake...if you find one, get that and the civilian distributor too...it has vacuum advance and also helps the stock motor pick up power...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!