Thread: Battery cover hold down clips

Default Battery cover hold down clips

Sanding on my battery cover and noticed two additional sets of captive nuts for the hold down clips at the front corners that match the ones on the rear sides. Also have two holes in the lower half of the battery box on the sides for the actual clips, just like the two in the rear sides. I do have two tabs that slip into two notched clips on the very front of the cover to hold the front top in place while the two rear clips are tastened.
    So, am I missing two hold down clips and tabs? Or was this a design feature that never went into production? Does seem like overkill with the two front clips and tabs. Hope I don't need two more as I can't find any source for them.

I'll hang up and listen.

So, do you guys have two clips or four on your battery cover upper lid?

There are positions for 4 on the box, this allows the top to be configured in either direction. Most people go with the arctic set-up which has the top sitting flat which makes a good arm rest, or it can be turned around so that the top angles down and is less likely to bang your elbow on. There are several archival pictures showing the box this way. The arctic set-up had battery heaters which required the extra space so it's why the top was made to fit either way.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    There are positions for 4 on the box, this allows the top to be configured in either direction. Most people go with the arctic set-up which has the top sitting flat which makes a good arm rest, or it can be turned around so that the top angles down and is less likely to bang your elbow on. There are several archival pictures showing the box this way. The arctic set-up had battery heaters which required the extra space so it's why the top was made to fit either way.
    I just learned something new about these trucks. Thanks Beast!

Thanks, Dave. Now I have to go out and look for the holes at the rear of the top of the lid and see how I want to configure mine. That answers my next question about which way the caution metal data tag faces as it would face one way installed flat and another way installed angled.
    Now, where to put the cup holders...

Looking forward to getting the vinyl, Dave.