Thread: M715 V10 and 42gal. Fuel tank

Default M715 V10 and 42gal. Fuel tank

https://youtu.be/W1MaHc8wcy0

Not sure if he is member of this forum but I would like to see more of this build. I’m not the only one squeezing a 42 gallon fuel tank in there. Very cool.
    Last edited by wantapinz2; January 3rd, 2022 at 10:04 PM.

Where did you get the tank from? Or what is the application? I just landed dual tanks, one from an El Camino that fit perfect under the front of the bed and in the rear where your 42 gallon tank is, a 41-48 Chevy extended capacity tank. Lots of work making brackets and stand off's. They make a 38 gallon capacity. The 42 gallon probably would have been my preference. Curious what it came out of?

Default 42 gallon fuel tank

The 42 gallon tank come in two flavors; gas and diesel and it's from the 92-99
    chevy suburban. I bought my tank new online but I found the plastic tank cover and straps at pick n pull. There were several 92-99 suburbans to choose from and if I needed the gas version I could have pulled everything from the gas suburban and saved money.
    The gas and diesel versions share the same dimensions but are different internally. I got the diesel version to feed a Cummins 12 valve. Linestogo.com sells the diesel steel fuel lines that fit my M725 pretty well. Since the tank only fits one way (which is backwards for how it fits in the suburban) I will move the fuel filler to the passenger side.

OK, very interesting. I think the 42 gallon tank is what came in mine. But it interfered with the driveline and could not go in back because of a very welded receiver hitch that blocks a good portion of where the spare tire should be. So I had to go with two tanks. But I wish I could have stayed with one tank. Not a big deal. Thanks for the answer and info for myself and others.