Thread: this is kind of a crossover question not sure where to put it

Default this is kind of a crossover question not sure where to put it

alright here it is, i have a 67 m715 that i swaped onto a 75 chevvy chassis, i am in the process of building it with my brother and have gotten down to the finishing touches, we installed the chevy wiring, heater boxes, and hvac, we made a custom dash, with autometer gauges, i used a painless wiring harness
    for wiring them, and had to lengthen and re route some of the wires for them, i got all the wires lengthened and hooked up and all light and wireing was working correctly, till recently, was working on wiring in the radio and pulled the lights on and found that the left front turn signal is on all the time regardless of switch position, some times it will not shut off with key either,
    no turn signals are able to flash, but if i pull the flashers on the lights will only flash with the key on, the right side works perfectly, but will not flash with the turn signals, but does flash with the turn signals, i have no fuses blown, and the left font marker does go out when the cluster fuse is pulled also when the lights flash the gauges flash also, but only the ilumination for the speedo, and it appears the gauges cycle on and off when this happens,
    my problem is this just started whel we cut the holes in the dash for the radio and hvac, we had the gauges removed, so i many have one or more wires crossed but havent had time to look yet, so i thought i would throw
    out my problem to the collective whole and see what you all suggest,
    i think i am going to pull out the dash panel again and reconnect all the guages and indicator lights and if that doesnt work i will pull the connectors on at a time until i either discover the problem or run out of gauges, if
    i dont i would appreciate any help that can be given, if anyone has run into
    this problen before please please help me from pulling my hair out and help me with insite into what was the cause for you, as an aside i checked out all the wiring prior to installation and it was not nicked cut or falling appart, and
    the bulkhead connector it installed correctly and no pins are bent over, also any other withing added for accessories was run through an auxillary fuse panel feed directly off the batteries via solenoid.
    anyway there it is i know it is kinda long but wanted to give all the info i could think of so you know as much as i know, thanks in advance
    -brad
    '86 & '98 Ram 4x4's

aaaack! paragraph police, help!!!

ok, so what. Let's try and sort through this mangled syntax and figger out the problem.

1. Painless harness: clearly marked, should be.
    2. Problem started after radio work.
    3. STOP: go back and take hard, clear look at radio wiring. Fix what's wrong. If that does not fix it, let's proceed to...
    4. repeat step 3. I would bet that things are askew 'round the radio.

I mean, if everything was working correctly, verified, then the problem is whatever you did when you did the radio. Other than that it's hard to say from here just what the issue is. Definitely sounds like something got reconnected incorrectly.

grounds! check your grounds. I had a similar problem with a painless harness until I grounded the flasher switch.

Well you said you pulled the gauges to put the radio in and 'might' have gotten the gauges hooked back up wrong. That sounds like the problem.

Yep, check the rewire and the grounds. Did you use grommets going through the firewall? If the wires are really stuffed through a hole without grommets, maybe the vibration of cutting the radio holes stripped a wire and is causing a short. Just a guess. Grounds and rewire is my thought.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

ok i thought i was clear in my discription, but i looks like i gave you all the wrong information:
    1. truck wireing is 1975 chevy wiring all checked and wraped in split wire
    loom, and tied up securely, any place where it goes through the firewall
    has a grommet,
    2. the entire dash was removed from the truck, and all gauges/wireing were
    removed from the dash to protect it from vibrations,
    3. the radio has not been wired in, had to run a different power wire to the
    batteries beore master kill to keep the memory from erasing
    4. the painless harness is for the gauges only, and this problem started after
    removing the dash to cut the hole for the radio and reinstalling the
    gauges and indicator lights,
    hope that this helps to clear some things up.
    -brad
    '86 & '98 Ram 4x4's