Thread: M715 Door Window Inner Seal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default M715 Door Window Inner Seal

Hello!

On the M715, the door window seals, the inner ones- what are the 715 guys using? Are they obtainable somewhere, or can a close generic seal be found somewhere? They appear to be the same or close to many 1960's and 70's cars and trucks.

Thanks,
    Paul

Default Seals

ive gone through steel rubber for some heres a link your gonna haft to look since they don't carry vehicle specific. Best way to find what you need is to contact them i believe some one else in the zone sent in a peice of his old one and the remade it.

https://www.steelerubber.com/channel...rip-30-0507-57

Good luck

Default M715 door window inner seal

No, the seal I'm looking for is the horizontal seal, that is against the side windows inside surface. It has a small bead made of chromed metal, with a fuzzy black velvet like lining that rubs the window glass, keeping dirt, dust, and debris out of the door. As I mentioned in my post, the virtual same stripping is widely used with 50's, 60's, and 70's cars and trucks. Seems like it should be available and "cut to length".
    Paul

They are called window inner belt weather strips, try Restoration Specialties. I bet that they can match them up pretty close.

They relined the vertical glass run channels with new fuzzy stuff for the inside of my doors.
    Last edited by jeepdan; August 25th, 2020 at 09:15 PM.

I think you could use the ones from the J-trucks, as the doors are made from the same stampings. You may need to trim them to fit the length on the M715. These guys list them fairly reasonably; https://www.bjsoffroad.com/Doors-and-Windows_c_217.html
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

I purchased the outer wipe from Saturn Surplus and the inner from BJ's although I think BJ's has both.