Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M715 Fire Truck

Those bolts LOVE to back out...teflon thread sealer is a MUST!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I can't say for sure....but i think I'm missing those bolts.

Any clue of size/thread?

Thanks for the info on all of it.

I've got another cross member running behind the transmission, so I can't see where those 2 bolts go.
    Is that extra crossmember a stock piece?
    It's bolted, I can remove it....but is it stock?

Thanks

There is a cross member directly behind the transmission, should be a shelf welded on it to mount the back of the transmission on, it has a large round hole in it on the RH side for the front driveshaft to pass through. I looked at mine quickly and if I recall it's bolted in.

Definitely bolted in, I had to remove mine to repair the frame in that area.

Ah the memories...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Yea, mine is bolted in. I'll take it off and check the back of my trans for those missing bolts.

I've now have a 1974 AMC 360/3 speed/tcase out of a J10 to go in the fire truck.

Any value in the stock, running and complete engine/trans/tcase? It has a rebuilt carb and new fuel pump on it. I hate to scrap it if someone can use it.

I'd place an add in the for sale section, even if you're giving it away so more people would see it.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

yea....I'll advertise it, but not shipping it.

Might be worth more parted out. I've got $400 in carb and fuel pump $ in it. It runs, but needs a tune and new plugs.

stock engine is out. Next step is to mock up the 360/4speed/tcase assembly out of the 1974 J truck.

Stock engine, trans, tcase is for sale. Located near Wilson NC.

IMG_20220904_153430860.jpg