I went and looked at my first 715 this morning. The body and frame are in really excellent shape, hardly any rust and some small patches in the bed floor where someone filled in holes the fire dept cut out with a torch. New-ish tires, brakes, rear shocks and exhaust. Engine did not smoke, 4wd system works, although the engine is a ‘74 model. It felt like this thing could pull a house off its foundation!

Here is the bad. The wiring seems to be a mess. It was converted to a 12v system but there are numerous wires leading to nowhere that a fire dept installed according to the owner. He removed all the belts from the engine because he wasn’t sure if the alternator might cause a fire. Weird. This also meant the water pump was not running and the radiator was bone dry. Owner said he only uses the truck to haul dirt and mulch around on his 3-4 acres so it doesn’t run long. Again, weird and concerning. The original rear hitch was removed and a 2” receiver welded on the back bumper, and not very good welding. He also said the brake lights don’t work and I have a feeling that is because of the switch to 12v system and removal of the 24v light switch to engage “drive”. He cautioned me against driving it home because of the low max speed and given I would have to get on the Interstate for a few miles. The trans seals are leaking a bit, not pouring, and the NP200 case was a little wet. The shafts all looked good and didn’t have play in them.

Now just have to decide if the good outweighs the bad!