I had no idea what I was in for when I posted my want ad for a bad top. I also did not know I would be attempting to create something for others. I ALWAYS make a free part for any person who sends me something to copy though. I have done that with several John Deere parts, Jeep parts, and a couple other things. All the things that surfaced from this endeavor are pretty darn cool. I have had moments of doubt. Great moments of so that's how you do that. I still have to go slow to try not to mess up days of work. I am progressing well on eightydueces second top.
If I had installed the rear seam strap before finishing any lower edges and landed the snaps it would be just about perfect. All that bothers me is a small pucker on the passenger side panel. It almost goes away with the back pulled down tight. But not enough to pass QC I called him this morning to explain that this is part of the learning. I am in a self taught school and nobody is there to correct a miss step. All this is normal and expected when doing your own college course. I have to just apply what I learn and keep going. When you fix a problem or a struggle it is all worth it. I am pleased with how much better the tops are compared to my first one.
I still need help with super straight stitches though. Guys that do this for a living are very talented.
Jhartings I will probably sell them. Sometimes I don't want to. They are a LOT of work to make. And will be a lot more expensive than the canvas ones you can buy from the typical places. I keep saying to my wife, I will cross that bridge or jump when I get there. I do have a standard height top to make for a member after this one. I guess I answered that huh...