Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: The longest build thread ever, at least it seems like it!

Looking forward to seeing that top on there. Awesome work as always Al.

Hi Bill !! Good to see you poke in here. Yep, I hope to get this thing done by mid spring. Or at least wired and driving. They are never done. I have the coolest top on the zone...LOL
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

This was one of those projects you think will get knocked out quickly. Then you start finding delays. Between the door frame sides and the rear bow, I have 94 holes I have welded up and dressed back. Crazy amount of holes. I kept finding ground down rivets. I got it fixed as good as new.

Onward

Dang, that looked like a sprinkler tube, lol! Your dedication is amazing.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Yep...2nd that!

Al, I have said it before but simply amazing....you ROCK!!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Wow. No more Swiss cheese
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

I know, was that not something else? I kept finding them and kept turning the TIG welder back on. From what I understand the bows are very difficult to make. The bends wrinkle and fold when people have tried to make them. Glad I was able to save them.

I got the fender skirts on. The inner front grill support too. I need to get the remaining sheet metal painted tan. And put on. I need a windshield washer system. I have several FSJ center dual jet sprayers. I need to figure something out there.

I used the fsj pieces on mine back when...when
    I drilled to put the spray nozzles in the same place as the donor vehicle, if I remember correctly, the drivers side went in the same place but the passenger side had to move to the side of the original position...could be the other way around...its been a long time...but regardless, they worked fine that way...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    I know, was that not something else? I kept finding them and kept turning the TIG welder back on. From what I understand the bows are very difficult to make. The bends wrinkle and fold when people have tried to make them. Glad I was able to save them.

I got the fender skirts on. The inner front grill support too. I need to get the remaining sheet metal painted tan. And put on. I need a windshield washer system. I have several FSJ center dual jet sprayers. I need to figure something out there.
    When you get that ironed out, please post up. I need something too.

I have the washer tank, but no nozzles yet
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

I will have a look tomorrow and see if the FSJ single post dual spray head might work. I am pretty sure I have an extra for you George. Hey Jon, did you use what I am describing or did you use two individual spray nozzles in front of each side? The wag or J truck nozzles go dead center just behind the hood. I am not sure they will spread far enough apart for a flat windshield.