Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: The longest build thread ever, at least it seems like it!

I wanted to do a big update this morning. I have installed just about every cleaned and painted part I had waiting. Lots of pictures to post. But it appears I have misplaced my camera. So much fun...
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Gas fired heater blueprint and related documentation sent yesterday Jon. PM sent with tracking.

I can't find my camera. It was a nikon I bought for Liz. It has valuable pictures on it. Bummed..

Still looking for my camera. I took some photos off my phone and resized for this forum. A regular PITA and I probably will need to get another camera going. I have the truck where it sits in the pictures. I am needing to clean and paint the steering column, and remaining body parts. The parts piles are getting smaller. I have a wagoneer interior to complete before I get back on this project. I just want it done.

The heater with all the best parts put in a FSJ. The biggest fan and opened up heater box.

Anyway. More later as I get it done.

Is it too early to call shotgun???

How bout I take a week off, fly out there and put in some sweat equity...maybe that would help get that shotgun ride....

Looking good!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Wow, just wow. Drooling all over my screen.

Super great to hear from you Glenn! And thank you for the cab swap. It would not be this nice without that. And Jon you always have a shotgun seat here. I will have to take the top off for you. I raised the passenger seat for Becky so she could see out. LOL Think harry and the Hendersons.. Ha
    So I have not had a lot of time to spend on the truck lately. I have a complete interior to make for a 66 wagoneer in Utah. Door panels, rear panels and a headliner. All in crisp marlin blue. I did however get to my data plates. And using the great tip from Jeepdan I had total success. Thank you Jeepdan for the pointers. It worked.

Taped in place as recommended. Sure enough the plates drift all over the place. This worked very well.
    A word of warning. I used a countersink bit in the drill press. I got into the mounting plate just a tad when removing the old rivets. I had to peen the rivets even further with a ball peen hammer to tighten them up at the end of my process. So go easy on the rivet removal. I landed the rivets with the entire plate on top of a blue shop rag. No rivet damage at all.

Looks great.

This looks even better.

My gauge panel. I need to paint the covers still. These will be turn signals that are green and the lower one is red for high beams. Very small and not very visible. My excuse for driving for miles with my turn signal on.

I am going to wire all the gauges into a weather pak connector. To be able to remove it intact and quickly. I will still have the speedometer cable, coolant tube and oil pressure line. But it will come out pretty fast this way. Funny I accidentally stumbled on to the pictures of when I wired Fishermans gauge panel about 15 years ago. I am doing mine a little different though as a plug in for the electrical. That was my plan so far. That may change though.
    Glenn, did you ever break ground on a shop? 2024 is a great year to put up a shop. I will volunteer time for wiring, floor anchors, helping any way I can. But I plan on selling and moving soon. If I am here I will help if you need it.
    Last edited by Kaiserjeeps; January 7th, 2024 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    And Jon you always have a shotgun seat here. I will have to take the top off for you.
    Im honored Al...it would be a real treat!

Looks super sharp like always!!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun