Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: The longest build thread ever, at least it seems like it!

Oh boy...bummer...
    At least you are not the give up type...soldier on my friend!! Wish I had one to give ya!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    Diesel engine blocks you can usually pin but they are lots heavier. Looks like you're 3 for 3 in Buick engines. Does that mean you're out?

Heck no... I am a sucker for punishment. I drove 740 miles yesterday to central oregon to pick up a 1972 Buick 350. I am in Wenatchee overnight and headed home today. 230 miles to go. This will be a 1000 mile run. The things I do for my hobby...

And thanks Jon...
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

987 miles... I have the motor half tore apart already. I will have it at the machine shop today. It is a standard bore but needs some cylinder work. Water intrusion again.

I got a call from the engine builder. When I saw his number I paused... Every call had been bad news. Well he told me the 4 engine block looked great and he successfully bored it .030 over. He is ordering HD pistons for it and soon I will have back a decent engine. So finally.
    And for kicks, here is block number 2. The person who bored it .040 bored it way off center. So the cylinder wall was probably super thin where the last attempt to bore it missed the cylinder all together. This block has been tossed.

I am painting the new engine low gloss black instead of the traditional Buick red. I think it will look better in this truck. So patience is not mine..

Dang...never seen one before off like that...you are so lucky to get to see all these weird things....
    [end sarcasm]
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Lucky translates to expensive in several languages...

Truth! Gotta love it!

I am hoping to get my block back from the engine builder loaded with new pistons, and cam any day now. There has been no spare time to work on the truck. My property, firewood, and trying to keep up with the home has been taking all my time. And I am hoping to sell and move to Montana soon. I have yet to see what God has in store for me. I wish I could finish my truck.

MT? That's a big beautiful state. Where at? I'll be up to your place for a day this weekend.

Libby... I drove there last saturday. Checked out the town, checked out the dam and reservoir for boating. But before driving around I ended up spending 3.5 hours at a coffee shop talking to an older gentleman and the coffee stand owner. We all had a ton of things in common. Libby is mostly conservative and lots of God loving folks there. I honestly had a really good time talking to them. I have been cleaning up my property. Rang-a-stang from IFSJA is coming up to pick up a 71 J truck. You will get to meet him. I have an agent coming by Thursday. The mosquitos are declining some. But still a pain. I spent 60 bucks to try and get some really good (not unhealthy) bug dope from Alaska here by friday. They did not have any made up. I had to wait. Liz's sister is also sending me some. Cross your fingers. I am really glad to hear you are coming up. That is way cool.