Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: The longest build thread ever, at least it seems like it!

Is the 205 twin sticked?
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Quote Originally Posted by gonz View Post
    Is the 205 twin sticked?

No it is not. But my shift rails are grooved badly from the seal lips. And I don't want to spend 250 bucks on an NOS set. So help me out here Gonz. Twin sticking give you low range 2WD and >???? A twin stick set of shift rails is about 124.00 Then I would need the shifters.. This gear box is killing me. You will see in the next post why.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

I hope the transmission is in better shape than this 205. I knew when I found water inside it may be bad. I need two new gears, I had one of them, and I need a new rear output and a new front output shaft. Rather then buy imported repro's I found both shafts original and in way better shape than mine on ebay. I am waiting on bearings and all the replacement gears. In a sense this gearbox was almost not savable. But I found everything fortunately. It is just questionable on how much it took to make it go.

The rear output.

And one of the gears. This outta buff right out right?

And on a happier note.

I hate waiting for parts to show up.

That there gears look ugly. I've seen somewhere that someone modified the stock NP200 shifters to run a twin stick 205. I think it was here.

Was there sand instead of oil in there Al?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Was there sand instead of oil in there Al?
    I believe it may have been rocks... Bathed in some type of metal eating acid. Ugly huh? Glenn I will have to look for that. But, I suspect I will be leaving the single stick. I custom made the entire thing so I am proud of it. LOL I pulled the drain plug on the transmission. I got about a tablespoon of water. Yikes.. I know second gear was bad. I bought a replacement a couple years ago. I am pulling the trans and motor very soon. Getting into both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    No it is not. But my shift rails are grooved badly from the seal lips. And I don't want to spend 250 bucks on an NOS set. So help me out here Gonz. Twin sticking give you low range 2WD and >???? A twin stick set of shift rails is about 124.00 Then I would need the shifters.. This gear box is killing me. You will see in the next post why.
    I got it.
    From pirate..
    With twin sticks you can run:

front 2 lo (front digs)
    rear 2 lo
    front 2 hi
    rear 2 hi
    4wd hi
    4wd lo

I pulled the transmission and engine out yesterday. The trans looks good inside and second gear needs replacing. I bought a gear on ebay when I first looked in there a couple years ago and have it. I am hoping the engine is in good shape inside. I have to wait till the 205 is rebuilt. I don't have any room to spread out anything else. I need a bigger shop. grin.. 9 degrees this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    I got it.
    From pirate..
    With twin sticks you can run:

front 2 lo (front digs)
    rear 2 lo
    front 2 hi
    rear 2 hi
    4wd hi
    4wd lo
    That above. I just reused my old 2 sticks from the NP200- I can't remember exactly how I did it, but since it worked it couldn't have been too complicated LOL.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Here you go Al:

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/showthrea...th-twin-sticks

I did this to my NP205 that I never did install years ago. I really have no memory of doing it so the process couldn’t have been that complicated with an assembled transfer case.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw