Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950

Thread: The longest build thread ever, at least it seems like it!

Hopefully you can save the one ts that you need.

Speaking of big brother, was at Orlando,airport yesterday, in TSA precheck. They have cameras mounted at the ID check stations, and make you pose for a picture before passing.

And then after 5 hours of waiting, flight cancelled? still stuck here til tomorrow
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

That is nuts George. Flying used to be a hoot. Not anymore. I don't have plans to fly much anymore. But some day I would like to go back up to Juneau Alaska to see my late wife Liz's burial vault. I may have to drive or get an enhanced ID. Or wait for Jesus to come back and or my passing. I will see her then for sure. Hope you make it home soon. That does not sound like fun.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Agreed.

I hope you get the trip in the future
    Thanks, George

Supposedly the face id system CAN, and in my opinion SHOULD BE, opted out of...though they certainly dont advertise that fact...have read several articles that all state this.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I should look that up. Although I am probably in every database now
    Thanks, George

HEY! Look what I found in the middle of a cherry orchard. Thought I would snag it. The truck is at the new home at last. Now to make room for a wiring project in the shop. It may be a month or two yet.. I am so close to engine break in.

Al, Could you show some detail of how you made your trailer fenders drive over ready?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Sure Tim.. When I picked up the truck 4 years ago, I made something similar. But I only made them as tall as the fenders themselves. I can still see lug indentations from the 44 gumbo tires. Being a new trailer I wished I had made the bridges taller. So this time I did. I used a 4x6 on the bottom, a 4x4 above that, then capped it with a 2x6 front to back. All cut to ramp over and down the other side. One thing I just did on the trip to go get the truck here was to put 2 2x4 spreaders between them. Because the weight of the truck almost tipped one side over. The spreaders stopped that and it worked great. Tossed in the corner I now have them in case I need to haul the truck for what ever reason. BTW... I used really long "Timberloc" black screws on each end because they are not brittle like deck screws are. I did use deck screws for most of it. But timberloc's do the job of keeping the wood in place. This whole project was stupid expensive just to move a truck. But was done using typical lumber, a sawzall, skil saw, and a screw gun, to achieve it. As the very first picture shows I used all 2x6 lumber the first time. If I had added a strip of 3/4 plywood to the stack it would have cleared the tops of the fenders and avoided the lug indentations. I did not price either choice this time. I just got it done without caring about saving 5 bucks here or there.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Kaiserjeeps; August 17th, 2024 at 01:46 PM.

Sweet. All moved to Wenatchee?

Almost. Tomorrow hopefully I rent a 36 foot trailer for my old backhoe, a M416, and my log splitter. Then all that is left in the panhandle is my boat, and a 70 X model wagoneer (for sale) ... And one storage unit to empty. My shop has been wall to wall boxes, benches and tools. I can see some floor now so that storage unit will be emptied shortly. Wenatchee is a cess pool. Bad drivers too. I was almost hit twice in one day minding my own business in my lane. I am trying to get ready for snow. I am at 4000 feet. Wenatchee is 800. Loads of fun still.