Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748

Thread: The longest build thread ever, at least it seems like it!

Thanks for that MightyMike. I could use some new plastic slide on channels. Mine were usable but getting hammered from all the use.

My door windows are in and done. Same with the wing windows. I screwed up my new gasket from being in a hurry (packing and moving) so that write up will have to wait. I used the side and upper OEM gasket and just made a new one for the bottom rail. It was successful.

As for the felt I found an absolute perfect fast solution. 4 feet of Mohair channel liner from Speedway Motors. I used the yellow 3M weatherstrip glue to put it in. I came out a perfect fit.

Speedway Motors, Part number 420, 4 feet of a 2 7/8 wide ribbon of mohair. A soffseal.com product It was literally perfect!

Clean the old metal glass run channels out smooth. Paint with a solder flux brush the inside bottom only and a glue strip down the center of the new liner. Glue in the bottom and use a tool to press the corners down. Make sure it is glued in squarely and you reach the corners. Then peel back each side and paint 3m glue down the metal and mohair. Press it in and trim off the excess with a razor knife. The fit is outstanding.

Use a solder flux brush. The perfect width.

The tool to force the corners in tight.

The final blurry product.

Nice.. The perfect amount of friction.

Oh yes, why you can't use door lock knobs on an M715 without lengthening the rods. I took them out. Now there is no way to unlock the door by reaching in the soft top. I may just leave it this way. The window gusset hits the lock rod.

And the inside of the wing window new weatherstrip with the self adhesive filler strip. This will work fine till I can redo the whole thing.

The doors are done. I got the gaskets in the front corners and I am trying to get the tailgate painted. And install the radiator after the oil pressure line gets put in. Then the truck is ready to move. I am bummed I did not get it wired and running.
    I am now under a time frame to move. I will try to post as I can and I need to find a new home. I am excited about this and tired already.. LOL
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Everything but the wiring harness. Now it gets hauled to storage for who knows how long. I am chomping to get it done.

Onward
    Last edited by Kaiserjeeps; May 7th, 2024 at 08:32 AM.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Your truck looks absolutely fantastic!

Putting that into storage feels like the ending of "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

But, hopefully you'll get it out sooner than waiting on the Crystal Skull
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun