Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frame Swap

Default Updates

Hi all,
    Sorry for the pause in uploads. The exhaust system has been completed, I've got the brake lines run and the fuel lines are run from the fuel tank. Currently only lack installing the fuel filler neck into the original location. Wiring harness will go on next and then ready to reset the body on the frame. Completing a little paint and bodywork on the cab before we set it back on. It's definitely going to need larger wheels and tires.

ImGur Link...https://imgur.com/gallery/1ct3NUK
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DocKill; April 29th, 2021 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocKill View Post
    Frame is shortened and back together. Fuel tank mounted. Wiring harness work underway. Will begin fit testing the body on the frame very soon!
    How much did you cut out of the frame? I'm about to pick up a 92 F350 and considering going this route.

Using an F350 truck , I shortened it by 31 inches. It allowed me to utilize the bends in the frame to maintain the underbed storage area.

Default Brake lines, Exhaust

Working on the fuel filler neck with the hope of placing it inside the original! Wiring harness ready to install, then body back on!

https://imgur.com/gallery/1ct3NUK
    Last edited by DocKill; May 11th, 2021 at 10:47 AM.

Nice work...great pics...keep em coming!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

A longer delay than I'd wanted, but rewarded today with a solid trouble free start-up. Ready to get the cab back on, complete brake line connections, begin interior wiring and finish!
    Here's a video of the start-up!
    M715 resurrection! https://imgur.com/gallery/kGiQLm1

A longer delay than I'd wanted, but rewarded today with a solid trouble free start-up. Ready to get the cab back on, complete brake line connections, begin interior wiring and finish!
    Here's a video of the start-up!
    M715 resurrection!
    http://imgur.com/gallery/Uw06kBD
    Last edited by DocKill; August 1st, 2021 at 07:15 PM.

I heard someone say on the video...."thats awesome".

And they are EXACTLY right....NICE!!!!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

That was me! I'm really getting excited now. Gonna be a real truck soon! Thanks!!

Brakes plumbed and bled today! Radiator install soon!