Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
OK, here we go again. I closed the wrong tab and lost all that I typed!!!

My truck was an M-724 I am sure. You can look for the welder instructions on the left side of the dashboard. It is riveted on, not a decal.

Under the hood, on the left fender well, near the horn, there would be a governor that had a speedometer looking cable that went back to the welder or something back there.

On the left frame rail, inside, near the gas tank, there should be a solenoid on the brake line to the rear brakes. You hold down the brake pedal, push the Mico Brake button on the dash and the solenoid locked the fluid to the rear brakes, holding the truck similar to a parking brake.

My truck does NOT have a serial number on the right front frame rail. I can't get to the location on the right rear because the South Carolina Farm Bureau put a ball on a huge plate for a goose neck trailer. One day I will cut it off.

I wonder if the M-724 trucks had the SN on the rear frame rail because it could be easily viewed since they were delivered without a bed? M-724 trucks had low serial numbers, maybe being originally pulled aside from the M-715 line? Any thoughts on this?

Check out the link below for the locations of the SN
Another tip-off to a 724 is the disengagement collar on the rear driveshaft.