Thanks guys for not making me feel goofy about being gun shy after the truck has some sort of problem. With that being said, I was just about to give the next chapter in my bucking bronco post.
So, tonight (Friday) is our local cruise night about 4 miles from home. I decided to take the chance and bring the truck out. She started literally on the first push of the floor starter.
I thought, good sign! WRONG!!! I got to the first stop light intersection, in the left turn lane waiting to turn left and BAM!!! the engine just quietly stops running. 5:00pm Friday rush hour. People blowing their horns, unable to make a left hand turn because I was blocking the lane. Police come up behind me and turn on their lights, I have my hood up and emergency flashers going. Police call a local tow company they use and tell them to send out a flatbed. In the meantime, the police ask me if they could take pictures of the truck, because nobody will believe them down at the station. I tell the officer it's ok with me if he wants to take pictures, but most of the police force know my truck from my towns local Saturday night cruise. While I'm waiting for the flatbed, a young man in a Dodge Ram Diesel pulls up and says I'll pull you out of here. I have a tow strap in the truck, but the police said it would be too dangerous in all the traffic. The young man was a Marine just wanting to help an old army guy and his army truck. Tow truck shows up in about 20 minutes, loads it up on his bed and brings my truck about 6 blocks back home. I drive it down his truck bed and into my garage. She's safe at home again.
When all is said and done, I now believe the freaking Chinese coil I put in 2 or 3 years ago puked on me. The motor turns over perfectly and you can smell raw gas at the exhaust tip. Doesn't seem to be getting a spark in my opinion. Anyone agree with me that it sounds like a bad coil? AGAIN!!! I do have a brand new unused Chinese coil in the garage. I guess I have to at least try it. Do you guys feel the same way?