I cannot find a core to rebuild my Holley 1920...it has a little crack in the core, someone had it soldered and after that solder fell out, the carb runs like garbage. I found out it had been soldered when I disassembled it during a rebuild..there was a tiny piece of solder hanging around under the float. It ran great before it fell out, surprisingly. And runs great if I put my finger over the crack.

Anyhow- I can get it to run decently if I position the choke in just the right position to cover the crack, but if I stop- or go up/down too much of an incline it will cause gas to seep in and flood the carb.

Long story short, I am sick of playing with it. I just want to replace the carb- which I cant do at this point, simply by lack of finding one to replace it with.

So I was wondering if anyone has tried one of these universal 1904 carbs?

http://www.carburetor-parts.com/1904...ew_p_3141.html

I'd really rather keep everything stock, but if this will allow my truck to run and drive for the time being until I can hunt down that magical unicorn of a R3615, then so be it. Just curious if anyone has tried this carb? Any success?? I am mostly concerned about the linkage and the ability to clip the air filter to it.

(I apologize for any of my bad forum etiquette, I am terrible with these sites and they confuse me to no end.)