Thread: Clutch pedal spring

Default Clutch pedal spring

My factory clutch and brake pedals both came to me with no return springs on either of them. I found the correct spring for the brake pedal and now that one works great. The jeep J-truck spring that I bought for the clutch pedal seems too long and I don't see what two points the spring should connect to near the pedal pivot. Couldn't find anything in the manuals, so any help or pics of the stock clutch pedal spring are appreciated.

My set up on my 725: SBC 350 with SM465 four speed, a lengthened stock 725 pedal pushrod that connects the pedal to a 1976 chev truck z-bar installed to drive the lower GM clutch pushrod.

Cheers,
    Bryce
    1969 M725 ambulance

Hi Bryce,
    I just took a peek under the dash of my truck to verify my what my poor memory was telling me.

There isn't a spring used that hooks onto the clutch pedal arm, the only spring that was used is down on the arm at the bellhousing.

There IS a little post sticking out off of the pedal arm that has an eye on it, but it is covered with a rubber bumper cap.

Thanks for looking. Since my GM z-bar lacks a pull back spring like the 715 linkage has, I might look at adding a spring and attachment points on the z-bar that pull the pedal and linkage weight/pressure off of the throw out bearing when you are not shifting.
    Bryce
    1969 M725 ambulance