Thread: Are PM's visible to Moderators or Admin's?

Default Are PM's visible to Moderators or Admin's?

Just in case I decide to throw some dirt. (privately of course)

No, a hacker "may" be able to get into your PM box with some extreme measures, but to my knowledge the only way to view a PM is to be logged in as that member...need to have their password to do that. Passwords are either randomly generated, or chosen by the member, Mods/Admins and such do not have access to the Passwords.

Jon or Hammer can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I currently understand it.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Couldnt have covered it better myself.

PM's are private communications...no one but the sender and recipient have access to the content or even the knowledge that anything was sent...no way to see who is PM'ing who, when or about what.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

While this is being discussed. Let me add this.

A PM is just that, Private. Lets not publicly copy/paste a pm that rubs you wrong onto any public forum. Everbody I have ever met in person from the Zone is a stand up person and would probably become a real close friend if geography allowed. We all know that people are going to disagree. We also all know that written communications can be taken the wrong way. If such a situation develops that you feel really wronged in a PM. PM the sender back and get his phone number. Try phone communication. If that doesn't work and you still feel wronged, get one of the management types involved if you think it will help. I just don't see a situation where making a PM public is appropriate. Dirty laundry really doesn't help anybody in the long run.

Now, that being said. I can think of some situations where an informative or humorous PM might benefit others by being made public. Get ahold of the sender in that case and ask them to post it in a public thread.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Great stuff Tim...thanks for that post!!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    While this is being discussed. Let me add this.

A PM is just that, Private. Lets not publicly copy/paste a pm that rubs you wrong onto any public forum. Everbody I have ever met in person from the Zone is a stand up person and would probably become a real close friend if geography allowed. We all know that people are going to disagree. We also all know that written communications can be taken the wrong way. If such a situation develops that you feel really wronged in a PM. PM the sender back and get his phone number. Try phone communication. If that doesn't work and you still feel wronged, get one of the management types involved if you think it will help. I just don't see a situation where making a PM public is appropriate. Dirty laundry really doesn't help anybody in the long run.

Now, that being said. I can think of some situations where an informative or humorous PM might benefit others by being made public. Get ahold of the sender in that case and ask them to post it in a public thread.
    You are about the most rational person on this board!

[QUOTE=Barrman;23192]While this is being discussed. Let me add this.

Now, that being said. I can think of some situations where an informative or humorous PM might benefit others by being made public. Get ahold of the sender in that case and ask them to post it in a public thread.[/QUOTE

Posting a PM is a bannable offense on another board I frequent. I'd suggest the same here. All in favor?
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

That gets my vote. Personal discussions should remain private unless both parties agree to post them publicly.

Even then a new discussion should be started. I'd feel better about just keeping that genie in the bottle from the start. Once trust is lost, it can't come back.
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

Agreed.