Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registering An M715 In Florida

Default Registering An M715 In Florida

As many of you guys know, I have an M715 here in Florida. I am in the process of registering my vehicles here in Florida, paying a lot for new tags etc. I went to the MVA this week and they informed me that former military vehicles were not intended to be driven on the roads and that my truck must have vintage markings and be only driven in parades and put on display.

Now that has changed things!!! They do elude to the thrust of it referring to the Humvee that the DOD has been releasing for sale to the public. This crapola is something new that just came about in August of this year.

I think I may go to a different office and take my title that says "Jeep Truck" and try to get by that way.

Has anyone else here in Florida had any problems?

Thanks in advance and wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    As many of you guys know, I ...They do elude to ...

Should be "allude", not elude^! Sorry, fat finger spelling error...

Although my new tags may "elude" me if this is true...

Good luck Don. Any other options besides the MVA tags?
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post
    Good luck Don. Any other options besides the MVA tags?
    I am hoping to take the title and vehicle to another MVA and just try to get tags for a Jeep Truck. That is what the title says, with no reference to "military". It isn't about the cost as much as the restriction to almost any driving. Gosh, a friend of mine wants to drive on the lower beach to do some fishing.

It will take a few more weeks. More info as I get it.

Jeep truck sounds like the way to go. I know nothing of Florida but in Texas there wasn't an option for registering it as a military vehicle. That may be an option with a newer one, like a humvee, that doesn't have a civvie counterpart.

I started to document my title ordeal again but... the fewer variables you give them the better.. if it was titled as a Jeep Truck before that'll make it easier on them, which is easier on you.

Ater messing with them a couple of days I would have taken a title that said Honda Prius on it if meant I could get it tagged...

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Ater messing with them a couple of days I would have taken a title that said Honda Prius on it if meant I could get it tagged...
    Now that just made me laugh. I needed that...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    Now that just made me laugh. I needed that...
    Serious though... anything you can do to make the DMV's day easier works for you. The bureaucratic mind doesn't handle curve balls very well.

Honda... Toyota... whatever...

My daughter is on her second Toyota Corolla, had a Prius in there too. Any time I worked on the Corollas I always had to check before I went to the parts store... What is that thing again? Nissan Sentra? She THINKS I'm just messing with her when I ask that.

In Texas they have a historical militay vehicle registration. Registered for 5 years and no inspection required. Basically the same as antique vehicle registration.

If you have the title and it shows a jeep truck then it's a jeep truck. I wouldn't offer any information, just answer direct questions.

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    In Texas they have a historical militay vehicle registration. Registered for 5 years and no inspection required. Basically the same as antique vehicle registration.

If you have the title and it shows a jeep truck then it's a jeep truck. I wouldn't offer any information, just answer direct questions.
    I'm with you there! I can't find the title; it is here somewhere in a folder which has gone missing. I applied for a duplicate title yesterday and they will actually mail it to this address in Florida.

We shall see...

Don, i wish you luck and would do like kwai said...dont offer any extra info...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!